个人信息
  • 今日访问: 4
  • 总访问量:46325
  • 开博时间:2005-07-09
  • 博客排名:暂无排名
博文分类
博客成员
博客门铃
博文

从鲍马诺克出发(第一节)

STARTING FROM PAUMANOK

从鲍马诺克出发

 

1

 

Starting from fish-shape Paumanok where I was born, 

从鱼形的鲍马诺克出发,那是我诞生的地方,

Well-begotten, and rais’d by a perfect mother,

我得到了父亲的优点,也得到了一个最优秀的母亲的哺育,

After roaming many lands, lover of populous pavements, 

我曾浪游过许多的地方,热爱过那些挤满了人的街道,

Dweller 

分类:草叶集 | 评论:0 | 浏览:0 | 收藏 | 查看全文>>

你啊,我的读者

THOU READER

你啊,我的读者

 

Thou reader throbbest life and pride and love the same as I,

你啊,我的读者,你像我一样,有着让人最血脉喷张的生活、尊严和爱,

Therefore for thee the following chants.

所以,让我把下面的赞歌献给你。

分类:草叶集 | 评论:0 | 浏览:0 | 收藏 | 查看全文>>

致你

TO YOU

致你

 

Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me?

陌生人啊,如果在你我擦肩而过的时候有话要对我倾诉,那为什么你不开口对我说话?

And why should I not speak to you?

而为什么我又不能开口对你说话?

分类:草叶集 | 评论:0 | 浏览:0 | 收藏 | 查看全文>>

未来的诗人们

POETS TO COME

未来的诗人们

 

Poets to come! orators, singers, musicians to come!

未来的诗人们!未来的演说家、歌手、音乐家们!

Not to-day is to justify me and answer what I am for,

为我进行的辩护不会在今天进行,我所追寻的答案也不会在今天得出,

But you, a new brood, native, athletic, continental, greater than before known,

但是你们,一群土生土长,健壮活跃,比以住所有的种族都更为伟大的新大陆人啊,

Arouse! for you must

分类:草叶集 | 评论:0 | 浏览:0 | 收藏 | 查看全文>>

不要关上你的大门

SHUT NOT YOUR DOORS

不要关上你的大门

 

Shut not your doors to me proud libraries,

不要朝我关上你的大门,傲气的图书馆们,

For that which was lacking on all your well-fill’d shelves, yet needed most, I bring,

因为,一本在你所有堆满书的架子上都没法找到,却又最为你需要的书,我会带来,

Forth from the war emerging, a book I have made,

分类:草叶集 | 评论:0 | 浏览:0 | 收藏 | 查看全文>>

即使是这样,我还是要歌颂这样的人

STILL THOUGH THE ONE I SING

即使是这样,我还是要歌颂这样的人

 

Still though the one I sing,

即使是这样,我还是要歌颂这样的人,

(One, yet of contradictions made,) I dedicate to Nationality,

(一个整体的人,却由矛盾构成,)我把他奉献于我们的民族,

I leave in him revolt, (O latent right of insurrection! O quenchless, indispensable f

分类:草叶集 | 评论:0 | 浏览:0 | 收藏 | 查看全文>>

什么地方被围困

WHAT PLACE IS BESIEGED?

什么地方被围困

 

What place is besieged, and vainly tries to raise the siege?

什么地方被围困,并且一次次地失落掉解围的希望?

Lo, I send to that place a commander, swift, brave, immortal,

喏,让我来向那儿派一个统帅,他敏捷,英勇,不死长生,

And with him horse and foot, and parks of art

分类:草叶集 | 评论:0 | 浏览:2 | 收藏 | 查看全文>>

我听到亚美利加在歌唱

I HEAR AMERICA SINGING

我听到亚美利加在歌唱

 

I hear America singing, the varied carols I hear,

我听到亚美利加在歌唱,我听到多种多样的颂歌,

Those of mechanics, each one singing his as it should be blithe and strong,

机械工人唱着的那些,每个人有每个人的唱法,因为这歌声必须快乐而雄壮,

The carpenter singing his as he measures his plank or beam,

测量板材和横梁的时候,木匠师傅就

分类:偶而地杂感 | 评论:0 | 浏览:5 | 收藏 | 查看全文>>

船儿正在起航

THE SHIP STARTING

船儿正在起航

 

Lo, the unbounded sea,

喏,这无边的大海,

On its breast a ship starting, spreading all sails, carrying even her moonsails.

在它的胸脯上,有一条船正在起航,所有的帆都在张开,就连月帆也都挂上,

The pennant is flying aloft as she speeds she speeds so stately—below emulous waves press forward,

船儿在飞驰,三角旗高高飘扬,船儿飞驰,姿态如此端庄——在她身下激荡的

分类:草叶集 | 评论:0 | 浏览:2 | 收藏 | 查看全文>>

穷源求真的学者精神

SAVANTISM

穷源求真的学者精神

 

Thither as I look I see each result and glory retracing itself and nestling close, always obligated,

朝那儿我看去,我看到,每一个结果,每一种荣耀,都犹如一项必尽的义务,要把自己的源泉追溯到那里,让自己紧紧依偎在那里,

Thither hours, months, years—thither trades, compacts, establishments, even the most minute,

时刻,日月,年岁都发源自那里——贸易,契约,公司机构,即使最微细的活动和组织都根植在那里,

Thither every-day life, speech, utensils, politics, persons, est

分类:草叶集 | 评论:0 | 浏览:4 | 收藏 | 查看全文>>
共3页/27条记录 首页 上一页 1 2 3 下一页 尾页 返回顶部